On Friday, September 25th, the Midwest Inland Port and the Economic Development Corporation of Decatur-Macon County were proud to host over 300 local business and community leaders at Richland Community College for the much anticipated marketing launch of the Midwest Inland Port.
The keynote speakers included Governor Bruce Rauner who spoke of his vision for continued economic development in Central Illinois and Decatur in particular; and Mr. Juan Luciano, President/CEO of ADM who reiterated his commitment to Decatur’s future prosperity with the announcement of a $2 million local investment into National Foodworks Services and their new state-of-the-art food product incubator.
Additional speakers included representatives of the Midwest Inland Port Strategic Development Coalition on their commitment and contribution to the future of Decatur’s economic development:
- Scott Fredericksen, President of Transportation – Archer Daniels Midland
- Ron Pate, Senior Vice President, Operations and Technical Services – Ameren Illinois Company,
- Kevin McKenna, Executive Vice President – Clayco
- Ken Smithmier, President and Chief Executive Officer – Illinois Health and Science (Parent of Decatur Memorial Hospital)
- Jim Schultz, Director – State of Illinois Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity
- Kevin Shuba, CEO – OmniTRAX, Inc.