The $250 million Back to Business (B2B) grant program aims to deploy small businesses recovery grants for those hit hardest by the COVID-19 pandemic. The B2B grant program builds on the success of last year’s Business Interruption Grant (BIG) program – an equity-focused business relief program, which directed $290 million to 9,000 businesses in 98 communities across Illinois.
- Businesses with revenues of $20 million or less in 2019 and a reduction in revenue in 2020 due to COVID-19
- $35 million or less for hotels
- Priority will be given to the following categories:
- Hard-hit industries (see eligibility guidelines for a full list of priority industries and their definitions)
- Hard-hit areas – DIAs comprising of 176 zip codes
- Businesses who have yet to qualify for state funding or federal assistance (including the Paycheck Protection Program (PPP), Restaurant Revitalization Fund (RRF), business Interruption Grant (BIG), Shuttered Venue Operators Grant (SVOG), and more)
- Businesses that had less than $5 million in revenue in 2019
- Learn about eligibility guidelines
HOW TO APPLY
Back to Business Application Portal Closed as of 10-14-21
- Applications can be tracked in real-time
- Documentation needed:
- Business owner ID (ITIN business owners eligible)
- Business’s 2019 AND 2020 Federal tax returns
- Two (2) business bank statements – one from the period April through December 2020, and most recent statement
- Prepare for the application process early by learning about the information and documents required
- List of Frequently Asked Questions
All B2B program information can be found on DCEO’s website.
WEBINARS & EVENTS
View all upcoming Back 2 Business webinars here, offered multiple times per week (day & evening).
Have questions and/or need technical assistance? Reach out to the Economic Development Corporation of Decatur-Macon County for free & confidential assistance including technical assistance to businesses, with a focus on underserved businesses including minority, rural, veteran and women-owned businesses. Contact us now.