Why Should I Invest in the EDC?
The EDC of Decatur-Macon County is laser-focused on jobs. In fact, it’s our mission. We know that jobs drive people and people drive growth. When we grow as a community, your business and organization grows, too. If you care as much about Decatur as we do, then it’s time to pitch in and make your mark. There’s no better way to do this then to make sure you have a seat at the table. When you invest in our organization, you’ll be in the know offering opinions on projects and making decisions that matter. You’ll be driving the direction of our community.
Investor designation provides voting representation on the EDC Board of Directors. There are currently Platinum, Gold, and Silver Investor levels and they are based on the number of employees at your organization.
Annual Organization Contribution Levels
Not ready to invest at a board level? Consider becoming an EDC Insider. See more information below.
Your business needs employees, an exciting community, and access to professional connections with the inside track. That’s what you get when you become an EDC Insider for an annual contribution of only $2,500. We promote the Decatur community and in turn, your business. Here’s how we help:
- Make connections for your business to the people and resources you need
- Provide access to a small business development counselor
- Connect to regional industry suppliers
- Provide general industry research and local economic indicators and demographics
- Guide site selections and site connections
- Advocate politically for pro-business needs
- Provide co-branded employee recruitment materials
- Conduct business attraction efforts for Decatur
- Support and guide community projects
- Coordinate regional community efforts
- Manage financial incentives for development
As an EDC Insider, here’s what you can expect to receive:
- Annual personal meeting to discuss your needs to improve Decatur and your business
- Annual forum with leadership training, EDC updates, and opportunity to voice your issues
- Original, detailed research including survey creation and data analysis
- Custom, annual and local market report focused on your industry and business
- Targeted employee recruitment marketing with digital advertising and landing pages
- Marketing toolkit with advice and guidance
- Trailing spouse employment help
- Individual project collaboration providing expertise on content, copy, graphic design, strategies and more